Carriage Oaks provides a way of life that lets you define retirement on your terms and embrace the lifestyle you choose. Regardless of how quiet and private or active and involved you’d like to be, you are free to pursue your passions, pastimes and hobbies. And doing so among friends both old and new, in a community filled with a special “warm, caring spirit”, makes life even sweeter. Whatever your inclination, you’ll find a wonderful array of life enriching activities at Carriage Oaks.
Travel & Day Trips: Enjoy a three day adventure to Door County, Wisconsin or three hour excursion to Morton Arboretum, the Fireside Theater or Kuiper Pumpkin Farm. There is always someplace to go and something to do at Carriage Oaks!
Social Gatherings: When you live in a community of special people, there is always cause for special occasions to enjoy each other’s company. Join in whenever you like ― Happy Hour before dinner, Sunday evening’s Gathering, pizza parties, the Super Bowl party, pot luck dinners, monthly birthday parties for residents, movie night ― and the list goes on!
Health & Wellness: Stay fit and flexible as you embrace your active lifestyle at Carriage Oaks with morning chair exercise class, a workout in our exercise room, weekly in-house blood pressure screenings or a brisk walk in the neighborhood.
Cards & Games: If you have a favorite game, you’ll find folks willing to join in at Carriage Oaks. Bridge, Canasta, Billiards, Bingo, Mahjong, jig saw puzzles, Wii and much, much more!
Basic Conveniences: Sometimes the extra conveniences make all the difference! Enjoy the ease of in-house banking services twice per month, scheduled local transportation to shopping, movie theaters and malls as well as doctor or dental appointments, newspaper delivery, goodies and coffee in the Oak Room, librarian services, Sunday worship.
Religious Services: Catholic and Non-Denominational services are available.
Dining: You will find the atmosphere and dining companionship at Carriage Oaks to be warm and inviting. We provide residents with flexibility, variety and an affordable option to cooking and eating alone.
Optional dinner is served five (5) nights a week. Our Executive Chef prepares weekly menus in advance giving residents time to plan their entertaining and evening meal. We encourage friends and family to join you in our dining room and also offer a complete children’s menu.
In addition to our regular dining program we also offer other options during the year to relax and celebrate together:
- Happy Hour at 4:00 p.m. in the Fireside Room
- Annual Spaghetti Dinner
- Annual Pancake Breakfast
- Special Theme Dinners: Octoberfest, Spring Fling, etc.
- Monthly Birthday Celebrations
Near-by Conveniences: Living at Carriage Oaks promises an enriched life through not only the many programs and services we offer, but also through the many resources available in the surrounding area. We challenge you to make new connections, renew your old interests, and begin an exciting chapter of your life.
- St. Charles Public Library has free computer courses, concerts and other activities
- St. Charles & Geneva Park Districts have Senior group memberships and offer a wide range of classes, trips, and special interest groups
- Elgin Community College offers waiver of tuition for seniors (over 60)
- Delnor Hospital & Delnor Wellness & Aquatic Center is only a mile away
- There is plenty of shopping close by — Jewel, Walgreens, Fresh Market, Meijer, Geneva Commons, Lowe’s, Barnes & Noble, and much, much more!
- Third Street in Geneva and downtown St. Charles offer charming restaurants and shopping
- Easy access to Metra Union Pacific West Line, Geneva train station, going into Chicago
- Delnor/Northwestern Health Hospital and their fitness and aquatic center